Tuesday, April 1, 2014

coachella tu(n)esday by libby hostetler



Hooray, it's that time of year where I grab all the sunscreen I can get a hold of and get ready to wipe dust and sand out of every part of my face.  (Side note, my LA friend told me yesterday that when I visit, she buys 2 extra bottles of sunscreen.  Thanks, German-Irish ancestors!)  So, yes - it's almost Coachella time!  Here's the artists I'm looking forward to seeing/crying over/losing my mind to:





Outkast - So Fresh So Clean



I mean, it's their first appearance in years and this is the first of what feels like 80 festivals they're playing at.  Curious to see if they can stand up to the tremendous hype that's come about from their reunion.





Duke Dumont - I Got U



Oh God, this is probably going to be my first "ugly Oprah cry" moment.  I've been listening to Annie Mac play this song for about 3 months now and I've never gotten sick of it.





Nas - Get Down



I love his anger.  That's all.





Blood Orange - You're Not Good Enough



I had the pleasure of seeing Dev Hynes open up for Sam Smith last week and LOVED him.





Disclosure feat. Sam Smith - Latch



DUH.





Little Dragon - Klapp Klapp



I've always loved them but when this single was released, forget it.  OOF.





The 1975 - Settle Down



Presti will probably argue with me over which song I chose but whatever, we're seeing them again.  :)





John Newman - Love Me Again




Anxious to see Mr. Newman again after he cancelled his US tour.  ($20 to whomever can find out WHY he had to cancel his tour.  I'm still pissed.)


That's all for now!  If you find me even coming close to seeing Martin Garrix, you have permission to shoot me.


-Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment