I had to go back through the calendar year to see where to get started and there's no place like...
1. Disclosure Live at Terminal 5/Disclosure DJ set at Webster Hall
So last MLK weekend I had a whirlwind couple of days where I first saw them DJ at Webster Hall and then got to see their live show. Both were equally amazing (though I got home at 5:30 am for the DJ set, ugh).
2. FKA Twigs at Webster Hall
I went into this show thinking okay, she's cool, I'm intrigued and I walked away wondering what in the sam hell I just saw! Absolutely unreal...
3. Kiesza at Santos Party House
I got to see her first NYC show ever and I'll quote someone on this - "it was glorious."
(I couldn't find any video of her show at Santos Party House - kinda cool?)
4. Sam Smith at Hammerstein Ballroom
This angel went from playing the wee Mercury Lounge in August 2013 to selling out MSG for January 2015. Here is where I felt he really was starting to feel comfortable.
6. Catfish and The Bottlemen at Mercury Lounge
These boys! They're going places....once they release their debut album here. :(
7. Royal Blood at Webster Hall
THESE GUYS. Oooooooooooosh.
8. James Blake at Music Hall of Williamsburg
Long story how I managed to get into this show but man, it was WORTH IT.